Positive Lifeskills

This is my radical blog. Tread with caution here.I strongly feel that happiness is so simple, yet we humans have made it so elusive.

Friday, April 02, 2010

My JoJo - My Love


And Jojo is no more. He died two days back. Jojo was my pet dog,a labrador. Stayed with us for 10 years.This is my epitaph for Jojo.
Jojo was born to my pet, Honey. It was a cold night in Mhow when Honey started delivering. One after the other, the pups came out of her in flimsy bags, which burst on delivery and the pups popped out. But there was one bag lying in the room corner which did not burst. When I saw closely, I found a limp pup body in it with no signs of motion. But before I could move away, the body moved. In it, I saw tiny paws moving very weakly, trying to break the bag from within but unable to do so. I burst the bag and out came JoJo.
In the beginning, eyes of all pups were closed. In a few days time, all of them opened eyes, but not JoJo. We thought he would open them a few days later. That day never came. He stayed that way for all of the 10 years.
The vet told me to allow him to put JoJo to sleep. He said it was not possible to keep a blind labrador. But we ( my wife and I )did not listen. And thank the Lord we didn't listen.
Weakest of the litter, he was also the smartest. He was the first to start eating mashed bananas and sip milk. JoJo was not one to remain at the bottom of the heap pf four pups. He would push others away and always claim our attention. His lack of vision never prevented him from finding me. Bumping into chairs and walls, he would be with me whenever I entered home.
And his touch was supreme. It gave me more pleasure than touch of most humans. Many a time, I had bits of food in my hand which suddenly vanished. His warm and moist mouth would suck it out of my fingers as gently as my sons did in their childhood - and with as much right!
JoJo gave us the most complete love a living being can give to another. I am not a good enough writer to express what he gave us. Just capture my feelings if you can.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home